Including Linked Devices in the Search Results
With the introduction of the Linked Device Search feature, users can not only list the devices returned by search results, but also the devices that are linked to those devices. This is helpful when defining a population of devices (both primary and linked) before performing follow-up tasks such as assigning them to a specific Cohort, describing a new Device Set or assigning Fleet Sampling Resolutions and while doing so preventing any discrepancies (e.g. linked device staying in the old Cohort while the primary device is moved to a new one). Improvements to the Device Details page will also allow users to easily inspect the configuration states and update the Fleet Sampling Resolutions of both devices.
- Added: Support for searching linked devices under Device Search
- Added: Support for using a display name for metrics
- Added: Documentation on measuring fleet reliability with crash-free hours
- Added: Documentation on deleting a release
- Added: Documentation on archiving software versions
- Improved: Performance of Device Timeline
- Improved: Validation of software types when uploading an OTA payload
- Fixed: Errors when downloading ELF files
- Fixed: Errors when using Memfault during an ongoing deployment of the web application
- Fixed: Timeseries metrics dropped when they were previously marked as non-time series
- Fixed: Text typed into Title field of Issues page is removed intermittently
- Fixed: Issues page refreshing when accessed through a saved Issue filter
- Improved: Trace event processing stopping when log decoding fails
- SDK versions
were released. Some highlights:
- Added: Support for collecting truncated TCBs in FreeRTOS
- Added: Support for ESP32S2/S3 platforms to the ESP32 example application
- Improved: Reduced the logging frequency of the ESP32 example app
- Improved: Quality of life improvements for scripts/memfault_gdb.py, thanks @alvarop!
- Fixed: Metric values ingested twice. This only affected the metric charts with sum and count aggregations.
- SDK version
was released. Some highlights:
- Added: Custom Metrics on Device Timeline are now shown in high resolution, in addition to aggregated values.
New built-in connectivity metrics:
- Added: Support Fleet Sampling when using client/server mode.
- We did not publish a new version of the Memfault Linux SDK in January.