Memfault now supports serving firmware update payloads for Android devices using our Bort SDK. These payloads can be large, coming in betweeen 1-3GB.
Because of this, serving these files out AWS S3 directly was too slow. So we now have support for serving these files through a global CDN!
In our tests, devices can see 50MB/s download speeds from the CDN, so your customers should experience quick firmware updates.
For more information, check out our Android OTA documentation.
- Add support for filtering by software version for custom metric charts.
- Errors returned in the form of JSON are now properly formatted.
- Performance improvements for the Reboot Reason chart in the dashboard.
- Prevent dates in the future from appearing on Issues.
- Fix issue where the Globals & Statics would lose its state when searching for variables.
- For more details on the changes to the Firmware SDK that didn't make the changelog, check out the Memfault Firmware SDK changelog.
- Releasing firmware OTA payloads is now available for Android! You can now deploy firmware to particular cohorts, use staged rollouts, and assess whether the release is stable using Memfault Issues.
- For more details on the changes to the Android Bort SDK that didn't make the changelog, check out the Memfault Bort SDK changelog.
- Lots of improvements and new pages under the Android documentation.